Model: ArcVane Round Size: 18’ 6” Radius x 10” High This Dogfish Head Alehouse beer garden is home to only the third structure of its kind in the world!
Dogfish Head Alehouse is a trendsetter. The three location brew house is co-branded with Dogfish Head Brewery, the highly acclaimed, award winning, micro-brewery that put the word craft in the phrase “Craft Brewed Ales.” Self proclaimed as “kooky and wacky” the brewery’s brand has a soulful, fun and energizing edge that carries over nicely to the Alehouse’s way of serving up artisan food, great beer, entertainment and community support.
It’s no surprise that when the Alehouse decided to enclose the beer garden at their Gaithersburg, MD location, they wanted to make a statement. With Libart’s help, Dogfish Head was able to make a great place, even better.
- Maximize clear-sky opening during good weather
- Retain the existing half wall for privacy, safety and security of the patio area
- Heating and A/C required for local building permit
- Design: 180 Degree, ArcVane Customized for Half-Wall Substructure and Rounded Walls
- Retraction: 7 Bay, Bi-parting
- Operation: Manual on Tele-GlideTM Trackless Plate
- Glazing: Insulated Glass Roof, Plexiglass Acrylic Side Walls
- Frame: Heavy duty, powder coated aluminum
Jeff Manger of Libart worked closely with Dogfish Head Alehouse owner Joe Hospital over the period of several years. This included onsite visits with local zoning icials and ongoing coordination with an engineer and General Contractor. One of Libart’s installation partners, Arcadia GlassHouse from Madison, OH installed the structure.
“A project this unique, in an outskirt of Washington DC, requires a lot of special attention to see it through.” – Jeff Manger, Project Manager, Libart North America
The project involved building on a custom stainless steel plate and reinforcing the half wall so the enclosure would be adequately supported and operate smoothly. A self contained heating and A/C unit was installed. The additional square footage even required the addition of more parking spaces.